Sunday, July 29, 2007

I was teacher tagged!

1. I am a good teacher because... I don't give up on a kid...and I can usually connect in some way with the majority.

2. If I weren't a teacher, I would be... some how working with teenagers.

3. My teaching style is... inquiry based- let them teach me is my thought. I show you the path, and you can tell me what you discover!

4. My classroom is... crazy, filled with bookshelves, lava lamps, light signs, and other goofy knickacks.

5. My lesson plans... are organized chaos. The structure is the same every day but what happens always changes within!

6. One of my teaching goals is... get more kids to want to go to college and not settle for less than they are capable.

7. The toughest part of teaching is... explaining to a nonteacher. It's too hard to explain why something was important or amazing if they just don't get it. Or don't care.

8. The thing I love most about teaching is... seeing kids eye's light up when they become inspired or realize a goal.

9. A common misconception about teaching is... that you get the summers off. I have been reading my head off so that I can knowledgeable suggest titles to my kids.

10. The most important thing I've learned since I started teaching... is if you set a level of expectation the students will meet it.

I am going to tag:
Candice
Judy
Angie
Alicia
Missy

1 comment:

Angie Feldman said...

Thanks for the tag. This is a good time to think about some of those questions about why we do what we do.