Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Yesterday was the first day of kindergarten and all was well! I walked him to his room to discover two of his buddies from daycare already there! He brought his teacher, Mrs. Bull a bunch of flowers (he had to have yellow!) and he walked right up to her and handed them to her. WHen I picked him up in the afternoon he was all smiles and showing me everything thing in his backpack- a thank you letter from the teacher, playdough and a monster drawing! All in all it was agreat day!
Friday, August 24, 2007
Friday, August 10, 2007
The novel is presented as an unnamed 1st-person account written in the year 2008. Ms. Kostova's explanation of the nameless narrator is a "literary experiment." The narrator is a historian whose father, Paul, unwittingly ended up searching for the vampiric Vlad Tepes. Although the narrator's adventures begin in 1972, there are three distinct storylines narrated in parallel, alternating chapters:
- The narrator's actions in 1972/1973 when at the age of sixteen, she began to travel with her father through parts of Europe and, later, from Amsterdam to Southern France/Oxford, Stephen Barley. with an undergraduate from
- Paul's travels during the 1950s, when as a graduate student, he travelled (initially) to Istanbul then to Budapest and then parts of Eastern Europe in search of his mentor, Professor Bartholomew Rossi, who may or may not have been kidnapped.
- Professor Rossi's own travels in Eastern Europe during 1930.
Much of the story is told through letters, excerpts from books and academic literature, and above all, the narrator's reconstructions of stories told to her by her father. Details of the plot and of Dracula's nature, motives, and history are slowly revealed.
Edward's soft voice came from behind me. I turned to see him spring lightly up the porch steps, his hair windblown from running. He pulled me into his arms at once, just like he had in the parking lot, and kissed me again.
This kiss frightened me. There was too much tension, too strong an edge to the way his lips crushed mine—like he was afraid we had only so much time left to us.
if you want to watch an episode check it out here!
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Saturday, August 4, 2007
The rules are simple, just list 8-10 factoids about your marriage. Here they are:
1 Separate checkbooks keep us married! I do all my banking online. He needs to see it on paper and in his excell spread sheet to verify.
2. We got married in Las Vegas, at Excalibur! That's probably the most adventure we have had in our whole marriage! lol While we were in Vegas we went to each casino and brought back a dollar coin.
3. Right after we got married we moved to Lafayette, Louisiana. That was an adjustment for both of us! louisiana is a whole new world!
4, He knows I have wild impulses and is never surprised (too much) when he comes home and discovers something I have done.
5. We have a perfect balance. He focuses on the future and I focus on the present so both are covered!
6. hang on I am still thinking!
Friday, August 3, 2007
I love this feeling!! it's the start of a new year, A rebirth so to say. I can start over, try something new, fix what didn't work the first time....do overs! I don't think there is any other profession that gets to experience this feeling! I went out and bought my school supplies- haven't gotten Nicolas' yet! ha ha don't know exactly what he needs yet but I sure knew what I wanted. Apparently I had an innate need this year for post it notes. Sure enough I am using them so it's all good! I found a cool week by week planner. it's huge! I can write all over it! and doodle! lol it could be my scrapbook of the year!
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
It's my turn to tell abut a Scrap Dawg! Jessica! You will never meet a more vibrant fantastic girl! She can be a loving mother in one moment and turn into the life of the party in the next. She can belt out show tunes and then jump right in to country standards. Seriously, I have never met someone who is so close to her family, loves her friends dearly and enjoys her job. She is a single mother doing great things with her babies! She is an inspiration to us all not to lose the joy in our life!