Saturday, March 17, 2007


What a sad day. We lost our dog today. Polo ran after the mailman but instead of chasing this time got in front of the truck. Luckily, if that can be said, he passed instantly. I feel so badly for Reuben, as I know he loved that dog so much. It's not going to be the same around the house. The kids haven't quite clicked. Or maybe they have and they are just expressing in their own way. Nicolas wants another dog. I told him give us a little time. Giuliana wants to call the police. (You can tell she listens at school!) I feel something awful for the mailman. He was very upset. First thing I did was tell him over and over that it wasn't his fault. He knows how Polo loved to chase him. That was Polo's nature. He was stubborn and would run after anything and everything.


He was a good dog...and he'll very much be missed. We buried him in the backyard next on the fence line next to Solomon, his buddy, our cat. Now he's back with his friend.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry you lost Polo. I know how it feels having lost my beloved Gabby. Hugs to all of you.

Paula said...

I'm very sorry for your loss Jeanne. How sad. :(

Just Me said...

Awwww....Jeanne...I'm so sorry. He can say hi to Max over the Rainbow Bridge! :hug:

Angie Feldman said...

Oh, Jeanne! I'm so sorry this happened. Hugs to you and your family.

Unknown said...

Jeanne, I am so sorry! Please give your whole family hugs from California!

Everlasting Monday said...

Jeanne I am soo sorry! hugs for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

JM, I AM SO SO SORRY ABOUT POLO, IM SITTING HERE IN TEARS AT THE COMPUTER, SOME PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE JUST A DOG, WELL YOU KNOW WHAT DOG SPELLS BACKWARDS, GOD, AND HE GIVES THEM TO US AS A PART OF OUR FAMILY. THEY ARE SPECAIL, AND I AM SO SORRY FOR ALL OF YOU.

THERESA