Friday, March 16, 2007

We had lunch today at Grotto. Wow what a restaurant!
When we initially sat down they brought us this huge bowl full of bread and dipping oils. I could have easily made my meal there! At least five different breads filled the bowl.
Reuben ordered calamari for an appetizer. It was so good....After we had pizzas. Mine was goat cheese, chicken, fresh herbs and tomatoes. Reuben ordered a margherita pizza with Italian sausage You can't really tell from the size of this photo but the plate was a good 18 inches wide! I ended up taking more than half of the pizza home! The crust was awesome...it was paper thin.

The dessert cart came around and Nicolas' face just glowed when he saw the chocolate cake. It was a good 8 inches tall. Sorry the pic is blurry but you get the idea! A solid thick chocolate shell, 4 layers, and filled with dark chocolate and an almond paste... it was heavenly! I ate the bottom shell part and he finished off the rest!


Starbucks mug of the day....Maui.

2 comments:

Everlasting Monday said...

That looks AWESOME! I wish I could go!

Angie Feldman said...

Everything sounded so yummy, starting with the bread!