Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Love/Hate/Love

So, lately Nicolas' new thing is I hate you. On the ride home, almost daily, after being denied something or another Nicolas has been known to utter those three words. Does it hurt me? nah... it's a kid thing. He doesn't yet know we say those things in our head not through our mouth. As usual, today he asked if he could play with something of g's She said no, I told him that was the deal. Someone doesn't want to share, they don't want to share. he got upset. Told me the three words. quiet pouting ride. Hey- I said it was quiet right? works for me! lol

We get home...get him showered and ready to eat dinner . I help him put his clothes on and he gives me a hug and tells me, "I love you."

So, I tell him, "First you love me, then you hate me, then you love me again."

and h is response? "Yeah, it's a pattern."

Well, as long as it's moving in the right direction!

3 comments:

Judyn said...

IT's A PATTERN!!!! I love it! Im glad you blogged this one!

Lynette said...

It's a pattern, my first reaction too. I love the way kids think. You want to laugh and can't always.

Alicia said...

Great reaction from him! Good thing your pattern is all about love!