Sunday, September 23, 2007

Buh bye soccer.......

we quit soccer yesterday. two game days in a row where he throws a fit and cries and doesn't want to play the field. I had to coax him last week to play goalie and then he went on the field and had a good time. I don't know if something is scaring him or making him nervous or he just doesn't want to play. G on the other hand is desparate to get on the field! SHe wants to play! I am frustrated about it too. This is the second sport we've signed up for that he's changed his mind and didn't like. I guess he's going to be like me and not interested in group sports..or sports in general. I want to get him active in one sport. I don't care what...just something to get the blood pumping. He likes to swim but I don't think he'd do swim team. He loved soccer practice but he doesn't like the games...doesn't like sitting out and the won't play when it's his turn. oh well. It's more my disappointment than his. I just don't want him turning into this overweight teenage kid who runs up to his room and plays video games all night online... well at least he won't have a computer in his room. so there!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Andrew hated soccer too. He walked of the field one cold day in March and told me he wanted to go home. That was fine with me.
He liked the individual sports, judo, BMX racing. You just have to keep trying to find the match.

Angie Feldman said...

I feel your pain.... we went through the same thing with Alex. He finally settled into karate. Not a group sport and not especially competitive. He will find his niche too.

Cyn Pip Pics said...

Yep - Tony was the same way--still is. Our first soccer experience - he kept getting naked before we could leave the house. Couldn't keep the uniform on him. Then at the first game, he took off running like Forrest Gump, across multiple soccer fields. He got a pretty good lead before we figured out he wasn't planning to turn around and come back.

Don't worry too much. Tony was a SPUD for years, then took up Tai Kwon Do, golf, piano, and now wrestling--all individual sports/activities. He now has NO fat on him and is starting to look really cut with muscles. Give Nico time--he will find his groove. But I know as a parent it can be frustrating and disappointing.